Joomla SEO is always the most important step for any joomla site what the owner want to make it popular. Basically joomla support all of features for SEO basic and advance so that we just need to configure to make it optimised for joomla SEO. Now let ‘s follow these following simple tips.
1. Using Search Engine Friendly URLs in Joomla SEO 3.1
Search Engine Friendly URLs look much better to the human eye and can include important keywords that may help you rank better in the search engines.
In the Global Configuration settings of Joomla 3.0 is a set of SEO Settings that you can adjust. SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, and configuring these parameters will allow you to change various settings about your site that some search engines may look at when crawling your site.
In this tutorial, we’ll look specifically at the Search Engine Friendly URLs setting.
To adjust your Joomla 3.0 SEF URL setting:
- Log into your Joomla 3.0 admin dashboard
- In the left menu under the SYSTEM heading, click Global Configuration
- There are several tabs at the top: Site, System, Server, Permissions, Text Filters. Ensure you are on the Site tab by clicking on it.
- On the right side of the page under the SEO Settings heading, find the Search Engine Friendly URLs setting.
- Select either Yes / No to adjust the value.
- In the top left menu, click Save to save these changes.
2. Remove index.php from URLs in Joomla 3.1
In our testing, we noticed that when the Use URL rewriting option was enabled, index.php was removed from our URLs. In this tutorial we’ll show you how to use this Use URL rewriting tool in Joomla 3.0.
- In the left menu, click on the Global Configuration link under the SYSTEM heading
- There are several tabs at the top of the page. If you are not on the Site tab, click Site.
- On the right side of the page, find the Use URL rewriting option (see the screenshot at the top of the article).
- Adjust the setting to Yes / No, and then click Save in the top left menu.
3. Add the .html suffix to the end of URLs in Joomla 3.1
In this tutorial we’ll show you how to adust the Adds Suffix to URL setting in Joomla 3.0 to add / remove .html from the end of your URLs.
- In the left menu, find and click Global Configuration. This link is located under the SYSTEM heading.
- Ensure you are on the Site tab by clicking Site (this is the tab that loads by default)
- On the right side of the page, locate the Adds Suffix to URL setting (which is highlighted in the screenshot above). Click Yes / No to toggle the setting, and then click Save in the top left menu.
4. Include your Site Name in your Joomla 3.1 Page Titles
Using the – Include Site Name in Page Titles – setting in Joomla 3.0, you can decide whether or not you want your site’s title to be included in your title tag.
This setting will allow you to adjust whether or not your Site Name is included in your site’s title.
Many users like to include their website’s name in all of their title tags. For example, in the screenshot to the right you can see that | InMotion Hosting is added to the end of all page titles for our Support Center content.
In this screenshot, we specifically showed example Google search results to also pinpoint the fact that it is your page titles (which we are modifying in this article) that show in most search engine search results. Besides there, your page title will also show in a user’s browser, and will be displayed as the title of the tab they have open.
- In the left menu, click the Global Configuration link under the SYSTEM header
- You should see several tabs towards the top of the page. Ensure you are on the Site tab
- Towards the right side of the page, under the SEO Settings header you will see the Include Site Name in Page Titles setting.