In Joomla 3.0, there is an article setting referred to as Show Parent. This setting controls whether parent categories of article categories are shown. Joomla gives the following description for this setting:
If set to Show, the title of the article’s category will show.
- Log into your Joomla 3.0 admin dashboard
- In the top menu, click Content and then click Article Manager
- In the list of articles, find the article you want to change the category setting for and click the article title
- In the tabs above the article, click the Article Options tab
- Next to the Show Parent setting, click either Use Global, Hide, or Show. Then click the Save button in the top left of the page.